Myth: You shouldn’t workout in an empty stomach.
Truth: studies show that you’re body burns more fat when you hit the gym before eating breakfast. Maybe I need to start doing some morning yoga and Pilates?
Myth: When you feel pain while doing an exercise, it means it’s working.
Truth: If you feel a little un-comfortable during performing an exercise, THAT means it’s working. If you feel sharp pain, you need to stop and go through you’re form again with a trainer. And check if you might have an un-known injury.
Myth: lifting heavy will make women bulk up.
Truth: Lifting heavy weights will actually tone you up and make you burn more fat! Women don’t have enough testosterone to bulk up, so keep calm and lift heavy 🙂
Myth: Running on a treadmill is the same as running outside
Truth: Running outside with un-even land actually makes your run harder, so you burn more calories. But even then, i’m still stuck with a treadmill :p
Myth: Sweating means you’re not in good shape
Truth: If you sweat more during you’re workout, it means your in good shape!
Now for the ‘More’ Part. Reasons why you might not be getting as ‘shredded’ as you hoped even when you’re eating clean!
1. You might be over-eating healthy foods! Remember, portion control is key for everything!
2. You don’t sleep enough. When you don’t sleep enough (at least for 8 hours) a hunger hormone called ghrelin gets released in your body which makes you over-eat.
3. You don’t drink enough water. Aim for at least 8 glasses a day.
4. you do more cardio than weight training. I would advise cardio 3-4 times a week for 20-30 minutes and weight training for 60 minutes 5-6 times a week.
5. You might not be eating enough.. Which means your body goes into ‘starvation mode’ and starts holding on to fat. PLEASE EAT. At least 1500 cals of nourishing food a day 🙂
Hope this helps 🙂 I just want people to gain knowledge of whats important here- being healthy!