Hey guys 🙂 I wanted to talk about building muscle (For women). More muscle, more calories burned and we’re all happy.
1) Eat more protein. This is a no-brainer. I’ve talked about this before, if you don’t eat enough protein per day your body feeds on it’s muscle stores. That sounds terrifying. To calculate how many grams of protein you need per day just multiply your weight in kgs with 0.8. You can get the protein from peanut butter, almonds, chicken, egg whites, spinach, cottage cheese and lean beef.
2) Feel the burn. When you lift weights, do as many reps as you can till you can feel your muscles burning. You should feel slightly un-comfortable.
3) Reduce the amount of cardio you do and increase the strength training. But still make sure your cardio sessions are intense and effective.
4) When it comes to really leaning out, eating clean is the most important thing. Trust me.
5) Carbs are your friends. Again, if you don’t eat enough carbs, your body goes into it’s muscle stores for carbs. But make sure you eat whole grains 🙂
Just keep going, and after about 8 weeks you will look so much better.